Re: Installing The Tabulator [via Read Write Web Community Group]

 What is Tabulator?

The Tabulator <http://www.w3.org/2005/ajar/tab> project is a *generic data
browser and editor*.  With this technology you are able to view Linked
Data, drill into specific details of that data, and send updates to the Web.
Why Should I Use Tabulator?

*The Original WorldWideWeb Browser / Editor*

The very first browser for the web (actually called WorldWideWeb) was
actually both a browser and an editor.  The reason for this is that the
vision of the web was to be an interactive experience, rather than, read
only.  Indeed, the term we use today, “Browser”, implies read but not
write.  The tabulator project aims to change that.
How Do I Install Tabulator?

One way to install tabulator is as a firefox extension.  This involves
downloading and making the source then putting a line in your extensions
directory.

git clone --recursive  https://github.com/linkeddata/tabulator-firefox.git
cd tabulator-firefox
make
for i in ~/.mozilla/firefox/*/extensions/ ; do echo $PWD >
$i/tabulator@csail.mit.edu

How Do I Use Tabulator?

<http://www.w3.org/community/rww/files/2013/06/bblfish.png>

If tabulator is working, you should see the “Data Browser” entry in your
Tools menu.  Another place you can start to browse data is from any
vocabulary.

Click To view a Sample Vocabulary <http://www.w3.org/ns/auth/acl>

Click To view a Sample Profile <http://bblfish.net/people/henry/card#me>
What’s Next?

This was a basic tutorial on how to install the Tabulator.  In later series
I’ll show how it can be used to create and edit data, to run various panes,
and to use a client side social network as part of the federated social web.