Re: Creating a Currency for the (Read / Write) Web

On 6 June 2013 05:40, Brent Shambaugh <brent.shambaugh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Melvin,
>
> I like your post. Concerning this subject, I noticed that Apostolis
> Xekoukoulotakis posted to the p2p foundation mailing list with the title:
> "ripple as a decentralized insurance system" (1). I also was involved in a
> discussion with the Sensorica project, where I started learning more about
> value networks (2).

Insurance is a valid service, and it's valid to pay for insurance.  There's
an issue with people trying to sell you insurance when you dont want (or
need it).

> I am a bit concerned about what David Wood said about banks. I believe
> that in the future they will still play a role. In Ripple, possibly as
> Gateways. I hope to get back to this soon.

Banks are going nowhere.  Just as newspapers evolved to take advantage of
the internet, so banks (at least the smart ones) will evolve similarly.