Re: FYI: SQRL

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 12:09:15 +0100
To: Dominik Tomaszuk <ddooss@wp.pl>
Cc: public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>
On 6 December 2013 10:33, Dominik Tomaszuk <ddooss@wp.pl> wrote:

> SQRL eliminates many problems inherent in traditional login techniques:
> https://www.grc.com/sqrl/sqrl.htm

Looks like a pretty nice system.  A couple of notes:

1. *Did I invent anything?* I don't care. Even if some aspects of this
system are novel, and might be subject to intellectual property protection,
this is too important and much bigger than me. It should be made free for
the world to use without encumbrance. With this publication of every
detail, I hereby release and disclaim any and all proprietary rights to any
new ideas developed and presented herein. This work is thereby added to the
public domain.

2. SQRL ID:  Visitors to a website are uniquely identified by an absolutely
anonymous SQRL ID. Their SQRL ID is simply their public key, described
above, a 256-bit number. The same visitor always presents the same ID every
time they visit the same site. But no two visitors will ever have the same
ID. Thus a single website can uniquely and anonymously identify every one
of their visitors.

(2) would perhaps scale more if made as a URI.  Perhaps using the ni URI
scheme to represent a digest.