Re: URIOA

On 8/16/13 5:54 AM, Jürgen Jakobitsch SWC wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-08-10 at 12:51 -0400, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> Do you mean a WSDL equivalent? If so, we do have a vocab [1] that we
>> use
>> to describe our services e.g., online ordering etc..
> hi,
>
> the whole ldp thing lately reminded me of the good old days,
> sitting in vienna's museumsquartier [1] at netbase-t0 [2], hacking the
> online presence of a friend for an exhibition in new york.
>
> what we are currently doing is describing static content using
> structured data.
>
> thing is that i have got documents (the lot of them) containing runnable
> methods (java-, python-, bash-, ... files) and there's actually no
> reason to exclude such documents from the linked data world.
>
> here are two examples...
>
> 1. string.toUpperCase()
> 1.1 the entity http://equation.turnguard.com/eq/strings/toupper  (you'll
> get a description (ultra-alpha) of the method)
> 1.2. sample running :
> http://equation.turnguard.com/eq/strings/toupper?string=aha
>
> 2. fileSystem.list
> 2.1 the entity http://equation.turnguard.com/eq/fs/ls
> 2.2 sample running :
> http://equation.turnguard.com/eq/fs/ls.html?root=/home/turnguard/data/domains
>

> now for another sample use case (non existing at the moment):
>
> say, i have something like open calais's term extraction available as
> such a linked method (it grabs all labels from a given uri and does a
> term extraction) i could do term extraction like so
>
> @prefix sioc:<http://sioc.org/> .
> @prefix calais:<http://calais.org/nlp/extraction/> .
> @prefix rdfs:<http://rdfs.org/> .
> <http://docs.turnguard.com/16/08/2013/0001> a sioc:Item;
>                                              sioc:content "crisis in egypt";
>                                              rdfs:seeAlso <http://calais.org/nlp/extraction/terms?uri=http://docs.turnguard.com/16/08/2013/0001>.
>
> still thinking about more useful use cases, it's funny anyway ;-)
>
> wkr jürgen
>
> [1] http://www.mqw.at/en/
> [2] http://www.netbase.org/t0

Yes, that's what I meant by WSDL analogy. We use this approach to handle
our own Web Services e.g., those driving online ordering etc.. We
incorporate the URI template language [1]
  into our vocabulary which ensures the entire signature and URL-based
call patterns of a service are described in an RDF document.

Links:

1. http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6570 -- URI Template Language

Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca handle: @kidehen