Re: FYI: navigator.mozPay()

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 20:35:13 +0200
To: Dominik Tomaszuk <ddooss@wp.pl>
Cc: public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>
On 8 April 2013 16:39, Dominik Tomaszuk <ddooss@wp.pl> wrote:

> FYI:
> https://hacks.mozilla.org/**2013/04/introducing-navigator-**
> mozpay-for-web-payments/<https://hacks.mozilla.org/2013/04/introducing-navigator-mozpay-for-web-payments/>

Yes, this does look very interesting.

I think of payments as a classic use case for the RWW (writing
authenticated ledgers and balances)

One phrase I liked, 'Mozilla plans to work with other vendors through the
W3C to reach consensus on a common API that supports web payments in the
best way possible.'

I'd be interested to see if it's an email-only system, as persona currently
is, or whether it would also allow us to use HTTP URIs.  Having said that,
persona have expressed a wish to standardize their solution too.

Have you tried it at all, e.g. in the test environment?