Re: hash/303, all use cases, requirements, thoughts, notes, approaches, use cases, user stories..

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>wrote:

> On 21 Nov 2012, at 18:25, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
>
> > Henry Story wrote:
> >> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/wiki/WebID_Definition/hash
> >
> > I'm unsure that anything could be captured here which hasn't already
> been captured by the exhaustive work of Jonathan Rees and others via
> www-tag and the awwsw tf, see:
> >
> >  http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/defininguris.html
>

> We can define WebIDs to be whatever we want I think.

We can. The question is whether we should!

option 1: define it the way we want (e.g. hash URIs only), and disregard
any on-going work by the TAG, which might resolve the issue with a solution
incompatible with the one we define today.

option 2: leave it open and generic in our definition of WebID, but
strongly encourage the use of hash URI via examples.

Steph.
PS: casted my vote + arguments at
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/wiki/WebID_Definition/hash and I
encourage others to do the same.