Re: PUT and directory creation

Sorry for taking such a long time to respond, I just came back from
6 weeks of conferences.

On 25 Apr 2012, at 12:42, Toby Inkster wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 18:58:43 +0200
> Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:
>
>> Is there a good reason to move to that way of doing things? How do
>> others here do this?
>
> In WWW::DataWiki, collections are second-class citizens. A collection
> cannot exist unless it contains items.
>
> Putting a collection/directory will fail. (Perhaps it should be
> allowed but treated as a no-op?) Putting an item into a directory which
> does not exist yet will create that directory (however many levels of
> nesting are needed).

Ok, that makes sense.

I am going to be re-writing read-write-web in scala with an actor framework
next, to allow for higher concurrency,  so I'll be a lot more attentive to
these questions in the next month.

Henry

> --
> Toby A Inkster