Re: Using "Punning" to Answer httpRange-14

hi

So every URL can denote two different things at the same time: What it
locates/accesses (the "content" - an information resource) and what the
publisher intended it to mean (potentially everything).

Which meaning is intended in a statement is somehow defined for every property
for the subject and object position:

cc:license
  rdfs:subjectUri rdf:sense ;
  rdfs:objectUri rdf:content ;

As the sense of a URL can be an IR different from it's content, we also need
at least another property:

cc:license1
  rdfs:subjectUri rdf:content ;
  rdfs:objectUri rdf:content ;

In the case of properties like dcterms:subject, we need four different
properties. rdf:type would be two different properties in the future and
owl:sameAs would be three (not two as suggested in the document).

Is this right ? If yes I would be surprised that the pain from httpRange-14 is
so big that people are considering something like this which also seems to
involve a rethinking of all semantic web standards and ontologies.

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--
++  Michael Brunnbauer