Re: idea for a webscale app

Melvin,

Great concept in the raw. However, in designing this new system, we have to
remember that these people game the system any way they can. If the rules
to post are that they must build reputation, then services to build
reputation will appear with identities getting sold. If it is hard enough
it might become too expensive, but if it is hard enough it becomes a
problem to the everyday user as well. CAPTCHA has proven this. Now, instead
of robots posting spam, humans are paid to post in bulk to defeat CAPTCHA.
The same will happen in a new system.

Maybe we should take a different angle. In the name of open web allow users
with high reputation to handle the moderation of sites?

Kevin Peno
E: kevinpeno@gmail.com
C: 425.408.1094