Re: Using MyProfile from the command line?

Hi.

Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> writes:

> On 7/7/12 10:43 AM, Andrei Sambra wrote:
>> Hi Melvin,
>>
>> On 07/07/12 14:44, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>>> Has anyone been able to make a wall post from the command line?  I
>>> tried the following unsuccessfully :
>>>
>>> echo "user=local&new=1&comment=curltest"  | curl -X POST -E
>>> e.pemhttps://my-profile.eu/wall.php
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>> I don't think you'll be able to do that, since posting on the wall
>> requires the user to be authenticated through a session. Therefore,
>> your script would first have to authenticate (same link as the WebID
>> button) and save the session cookie, and only then post the message.
>>
>> Andrei
>>

> Andrei,
>
> We need to be able to use curl to perform CRUD operations against
> resources accessible to the Web. A wall is just another resource, when
> all is said and done :-)

+1

I'll try and lobby Andrei (face to face) for him to think about
implementing LD(B)P like REST in My-Profile as soon as I'm done
packaging libAuthentication for Debian ;)

Joke aside, I think that a social network's wall or similar features of
My-Profile, is a typical illustration of posting into a collection, that
fits very well the LDP use case.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER