Re: Contd: Using WebID ACLs to control access to my Google Drive, SkyDrive, DropBox, and Amazon S3

On 2 Jul 2012, at 17:50, Jürgen Jakobitsch wrote:

> hi henry,
>
> i remember we talked about that a year or so ago..
>
> the problem is that you give control out of hands, which i can imagine is unwanted in most cases.
> if i grant access to a resource to a group, access to that resource can be changed by whoever has
> control over the group.

You don't have to give access to the ACL rule itself. (that's an interesting possibility, but I was not suggesting that here).  If you don't give edit access to the ACL rule then nobody can change the ACL. What people can do is become members of groups, and friend people. But that's a different thing.

> wkr turnguard

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/