Re: Simple games complex behavior

On 2/29/12 2:12 PM, Jürgen Jakobitsch wrote:
> hi,
>
> i totally support the idea of playing with the basics mentioned in the video,
> page rank comes to mind.
>
> uriburner whould be an ideal board.
>
> although i tend to think that the interwoven-ness of current lod resources
> is to limited compared with the size of the board.
>
> i would go so far as to predicate the soon death of the big players and small to medium
> isolated islands of data.
>
> i think at the current state of lod we would want to hire an analogy of a graviton or photon
> to intermediate between said islands.
>
> anyway ... something very interesting for a cerebral daemon...
>
> wkr j

Entity Rank Example:
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/presentations/SPARQL_Tutorials/SPARQL_Tutorials_Part_5/SPARQL_Tutorials_Part_5.html#(8)
.

Query which you can try against DBpedia endpoint:

PREFIX yago: <http://dbpedia.org/class/yago/>
PREFIX prop: <http://dbpedia.org/property/>

SELECT DISTINCT ?s2 AS ?c1
        ( <LONG::IRI_RANK> (?s2) ) AS ?Rank
WHERE
   {
     ?s1 ?s1textp ?o1 .
     ?o1 bif:contains 'Shakespeare' .
     ?s1 a yago:Writer110794014 .
     ?s2 prop:writer ?s1
   }
ORDER BY DESC ( <LONG::IRI_RANK> (?s2) )

Kingsley

Founder&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com