Re: The Unhosted WebDAV Standard

On 9/14/11 12:08 PM, Bob Ferris wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess this initiative (and protocol) might be interesting for our
> group:
>
> http://unhosted.org/
> http://unhosted.org/spec/dav/0.1/
>
> Cheers,
>

> Bo

Note, WebDAV is integral to both Virtuoso and ODS.

In our case, you can achieve the following:

1. Use WebID ACLs to protect resources and collections
2. Associate collections (folders) with Virtuoso backend Quad Store so
they act as a simple import mechanism
3. The folders above can be associated with sponger cartridges too which
means Linked Data transformations of non RDF resources precede final
Quad Store input
4. We also associate virtual resources with DAV collections e.g. results
of SPARQL queries.

Here's how I put the above into use re. G+.

1. Go to Google Takeout to get a dump archive (ZIP)
2. Mount Virtuoso or ODS Briefcase DAV folder to my desktop, phone, or
tablet
3. Extract the ZIP archive
4. Drag the entire expanded directory tree to my mounted folder
5. I have Linked Data in my target Virtuoso instance at this point, thus
all the data is accessible to a plethora of Linked Data or basic HTML
browsers.

I have made a public demo since I want #3 to be optional i.e., I should
just drag and drop a ZIP or GZIP archive to the special DAV folder
leaving Virtuoso to handle the rest the import to Quad Store effort :-)

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen