Re: RWW Challenge : Creating a decentralized Social Net by Year End

On 9/13/11 6:59 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> Something we've talked about for a while.
>
> Do we think the majority of members of this group can become part of a
> decentralized social net by end of year?
>
> I think must haves are:
> 1. Status updates
> 2. Wall posts
> 3. Follow your nose from your FOAF
>
> 1,2 should be self explanatory.  (3)  Here's an example from my home page:
>
> http://melvincarvalho.com/
>
> A) Click on "RDF"
> B) Click on one of the foaf : knows
>
> Keep browsing, "follow your nose" ... and we have a read only social net.
>
> Can we make it read write by 31st December?

If everyone has a WebID associated with a Data Space that supports WebID
protocol based ACLs we there re. membership of this group. That can
happen this week if not tomorrow :-)

I think the key items are:

1. WebIDs
2. ACLs
3. Semantic Pings for notifications about actions such as
     - befriending
     - liking
     - disliking
     - tagging
     - poking
     - etc..
4. DataWikis (which depend on WebIDs and ACLs) deliver solutions for
creating and managing:
    - Shares documents (e.g. walls)
    - Blogs
    - Other Data Objects.

What we need more than anything else is a WebID vector. A campaign
comprised of:

1. T-Shirts
2. QRCodes
3. Alleviation to a palpable and easy to comprehend pain e.g. spam (mail
or comments) and ACLs via WebID exploitation.

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Twitter/Identi.ca: kidehen