Re: Getting the Address Book to work with read-write-web servers

On 10/28/11 6:02 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> On 28 October 2011 23:46, Henry Story<henry.story@bblfish.net>  wrote:

>>> [snip[
>>> This is a nice app, but doesnt foaf kind of provide an address book already?
>> foaf provides a data structure. It is not an application.
>>
>>> One thing I'd like to see first is to give everyone a semantic inbox.
>>> That would be a place where we can leave each other messages about how
>>> to deliver the read write web step by step.  Eventually this could be
>>> gamified to make it more fun and viral ...
>> That can be done too. Perhaps that is what the data.fm is about. That's what the address
>> book is mean to be able to write to.
>>
>> An address book that can do new pings to people seems like a fun and easy
>> thing to do, is cool because it works in the cell phone, and there are a few
>> of of our projects this could work together with.
> You're assuming that everyone has a semantically enabled address book.
>
> I think we first need a simple messaging system, then to build a mini
> social net.
>
> Then apps like an address book, imho.
>
> You can, of course, try it the other way round, but then you have to
> persuade enough others to use the same system, which can sometimes be
> as tricky as coding the app itself! :)

>> Social Web Architect
>> http://bblfish.net/

Both,

Everyone needs to have a WebID. Thus, we've got to make this happen via
viral patterns. Naturally, there isn't a single golden pattern per se.,
but there is a golden segue focal point and I believe it boils down to
bridging Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 .

We have to give people an overwhelming reason to get a WebID. Put
differently, we have to make the opportunity cost of not having a WebID
palpable :-)

President&  CEO
OpenLink Software
Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com