Re: Java, RDF, XML ?

Sandro Hawke wrote:

> This is an interesting issue, which I didn't notice being discussed at
> the workshop.  I suspect a lot of people were thinking either "of
> course it'll be in [Java/RDF/XML]" (for whichever form they are used
> to), or like me they thought "let's not open this can of worms yet!".

The latter in my case :-)

[snip]

> So that's my quick analysis to get us started.  What issues have I
> missed?

If I were dealing with Java objects or XML I think that analysis would be
fine. However, in the case of supporting RDF data don't we also have to
consider the semantics of the data, not just its format?

If the rule language is going to be appropriate for RDF processing it
probably ought to respect the semantics of things like bNodes (not to
mention the open world assumption). Making a rule language based on case 3
(XML as Fundamental Data) able to correctly process RDF data would surely
take more than just an XPath-friendly RDF syntax.

Or maybe that's an issue you'd rather separate off?

Dave