Re: Notes on Collaboration Tools, section 9

I'm looking at Sec. 9 and wondering whether this might be the place to
suggest clear labeling and avoidance of jargon?

I think COGA have a point when they complain of not understanding fork
vs branch. Why should they? They're not software developers? Not that
git tools should stop using those terms, but they should arguably be
clearly defined somewhere reasonably accessible.
I recall my university had many math courses intended for various
audiences. There was Calculus for physicists, mathematicians, and
engineers; but there was also Calculus in the liberal arts faculty for
psychologists and sociologists. I recall that simply to ask whose
responsibility is it to appropriately introduce a tool that's gone
mainstream like git seems to have?  I'm not sure what, if anything to do
about this in our doc.

--

Janina Sajka (she/her/hers)
Accessibility Consultant https://linkedin.com/in/jsajka