Background to W3C Statements

From: White, Jason J <jjwhite@ets.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 12:08:34 +0000
To: "public-rqtf@w3.org" <public-rqtf@w3.org>
Dear colleagues,
In recent discussion, Janina has thoughtfully raised the question, to be further considered at the Task Force meeting tomorrow, of whether any of our publications should be put forward for elevation to W3C Statement status, in accordance with the recently adopted 2021 W3C Process.
Details of what this entails are in the 2021 W3C Process document:
https://www.w3.org/2021/Process-20211102/#memo

We have briefly examined this possibility in recent meetings, focusing, as Janina suggested, on the CAPTCHA Note in the first instance:
https://www.w3.org/TR/turingtest/

Thank you for your compliance.