Additional Synchronization Links

From: Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 20:16:04 -0400
To: public-rqtf@w3.org

Forwarding some pointers from our friends in the Timed Text Working
Group to inform our consideration of media synchronization ...

The following from Chris Needham

Creating some definitions and collecting user scenarios is a good suggestion, and a good topic for a breakout meeting. I'd be happy to participate.

Synchronization is a topic that often comes up in the Media & Entertainment IG and other media related groups. Here are a few examples:

https://github.com/w3c/media-and-entertainment/issues/4

https://github.com/w3c/openscreenprotocol/issues/80

https://w3c.github.io/me-media-timed-events/#synchronized-rendering-of-web-resources

There is also a Multi-Device Timing CG (now inactive) that looked at how to achieve closely synchronized media playback across multiple devices.

Best regards,

Chris

--

Janina Sajka