Re: Conclusions of draft CAPTCHA Note

Jason:

We have this point in our unordered list ...

White, Jason J writes:
> Revisiting the list of conclusions again, I wonder whether it should be stated explicitly that the cognitive and sensory demands imposed on the user by an interactive CAPTCHA challenge should be minimized so far as is possible while meeting the security objective. This could be a separate point, or an additional sentence in the fourth point.

We state:

"Whenever an interactive CAPTCHA is implemented, a variety of
alternative challenges must be
offered that engage different sensory or cognitive capabilities of the
user.
We humans possess a variety of intellectual strengths and weaknesses. To
fail
to offer a variety of challenges is to ignore this simple truth."

Isn't this saying the same thing, just in very different words?

Janina

--

Janina Sajka

Linux Foundation Fellow