Re: status of xsd:duration in OWL (and RIF and SPARQL) - ACTION-164: RDF WG

On 6 May 2012, at 23:19, Ian Horrocks wrote:

> Hi Bijan (et al),
>
> According to my understanding, we agreed to keep the WG alive so that we could fix any OWL 2 problems caused by changes to XSD 1.1

Technically, a problem is that a useful datatype that was not workable in draft (xsd:duration) is now workable (in rec XSD 1.1). Thus, OWL no longer is complete with respect to the OWL workable WXS datatypes!

Bijan "The Sophist" Parsia.

P.S. I don't think this is really sophistry. RDF is screwing (sensibly) with datatypes. Harmonization between specs is a good idea in so far as is possible.