RE: comments on RIF Primer

Thanks, Stella. I followed your advice about Section 5 and your hint about the last reference.
I also made the abstract more specific and did further edits. Harold

________________________________
From: public-rif-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-rif-wg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Stella Mitchell
Sent: September 25, 2010 12:52 PM
To: RIF
Subject: comments on RIF Primer

Dear WG,

I found the Primer quite readable, clear and useful,  and just have some minor comments.

Stella

Section 2.2.2, 2nd para:
       the last sentence reads to me as if the constant is called a predicate in both the last 2 of the 3 types of constants mentioned, but not sure if that's what's meant.

 Section 3.2, 3rd para:
       us --> use

       also, I had to read that sentence a few times because I was thinking that "such information" referred to the lowercase letters and uppercase letters.

 Section 4:
       1st example:
             the iris for imdb and dbpedia should match up with those in the section 2.3 rule that this example is combined with (and the prefixes might as well too).

             missing space after the "char" prefix

 Section 5:
        In the second paragraph maybe add another sentence characterizing what a function is/does?  There's a specific example in the first paragraph, but it's a very brief introduction to functions.

Section 5.2.2, Example:
       does Film1 necessarily have to be different from Film2?

       near the top, there's an extra space between dbpedia: and dateoffilm

Section 6.1
    2nd paragraph:
         might as well say "C++ or Java" rather than "C++",  like it does in Section 6.2.

   Example:
        imdb and dbpedia prefixes and iris could be made consistent with earlier examples.
        (same comment for the example in 7.1.1)

Section 6.2
        first example:  System.println --> System.out.println

        second example: if it can be written with the less advanced syntax
                   ex:e1 # Example
                   ex:e1[...]
                   ex:e1[...]
             it may be easier to understand the RIF, and the parallel structure with the Java would be even more obvious.

Section 7
       there are some "add pointer"  notes/comments

General:
      some of the examples are extending outside the blue-colored box and require scrolling to the right.

Appendix:
     at the very end just before the last reference, there's a span element displayed.