Re: RIF FAQ

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 07:07:10 -0700
Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org> wrote:

> Also, please read over the RIF FAQ and make sure you still like the
> answers.  I expect it will get some readers today.
>
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RIF_FAQ

Thanks, Sandro. A very good FAQ. Couple of comments:

In 1.2, I suggest to add the following after the last sentence:

An overview of the RIF architecture can be found
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Overview here].
Links to unofficial, community-contributed RIF dialects can be found
[http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RIF_FLD_Dialects here].

In 1.6:

"Various presentation syntaxes..."
I suggest:

RIF specification itself employes a presentation syntax, which is normative and
is used in definitions and examples. However, it is ''not'' recommended for
exchange among different rule systems.

michael