Re: Importing RDF documents from RIF - part 2

On 19/01/2010 15:47, Axel Polleres wrote:
> FWIW, the semantics of owl:imports is defined by OWL as well, plus  they have defined an
> RDF serialisation, and that makes perfect sense to me, if I look at it from the
> So, I can't really follow the argument why this would be in the scope of RDF.
>
>>   think it would be better to refer to the RIF ruleset
>> from the SPARQL query, and have the RIF ruleset import the RDF dataset.
>
> there is no way to do this directly, I mean without changing the definitions of
> BGP extensions, that is at the heart of the definition of entailment regimes for SPARQL.

One option is that rather than have an entailment regime for RIF you
have an entailment regime for RIF ruleset R for all R. The graph remains
the RDF graph (which may be empty) the RIF rule set is part of the
entailment regime specification not some imported part of the active graph.