Re: collations, etc (a list-builtins issue)

> I am in favor of option 1: the list operators simply work on the values
> in the lists, rather than performing all kinds of conversions.  If users
> want something more, they have to define the functions themselves.

Sorry, I guess I need more detail within option 1.  Which do you mean:

    1a.   Remove all 'collation' paramaters from DTB, including on
          the string compare builtin.

    1b.   Remove 'collation' parameters from the list builtins, but
          leave them in the non-list builtins.

    1c.   Keep 'collation' in the list builtins (so strings are compared
          using the compare builtin) but otherwise compare values using
          RIF equality

(I'd guess you mean 1b.)

When you say users "have to define the funtions themselves", you mean
using rules to re-implement member, index-of, etc?

     -- Sandro