Re: [RDF+OWL] impossible to coreify OWL 2 RL combinations

In the discussion in our meeting just now, besides the options I mentioned:

> So, either (a) we say that you effectively leave Core when going for OWL
> 2 RL or (b) we provide an embedding of an equality-free subset.
> I would be in favor of (a), because I do not want to define yet another
> OWL subset; I think the whole web of semantic Web languages is already
> complicated enough.

support was expressed for option (c) provide a general embedding in BLD,
but specify a subset of RIF-OWL combinations for which you stay in RIF
Core and for option (d) add an embedding of equality; this embedding
will depend on the predicate symbols used in the ruleset at hand.

Jos

--
+43 1 58801 18470        debruijn@inf.unibz.it

Jos de Bruijn,        http://www.debruijn.net/
Many would be cowards if they had courage
enough.
  - Thomas Fuller