Re: [Core][PRD] Definition of safeness

Hi Stella,

Thanx. I made the corrections. Additional comments in-lined below.

Stella Mitchell <stellamit@gmail.com> wrote on 18/06/2009 18:50:30:

> The definition of safeness of a variable in a condition formula
> doesn't cover the case where the condition formula is an existential
formula.

You are right: the case was not in Jos's definition, because existential
quantifiers were completely removed. But they were added back in the
bottom-up definition, to ease the extension to PRD...

I added the clause that "v is safe in an existential formula, Exists
v1...vn (f), iff it is safe in f."

>     Last para:
>         what is the significance of  "...that is, even if F is a
> disjunction" at the end?

Nothing. I thought that I had removed it already :-( Now, it *is* removed,
anyway.

Cheers,

Compagnie IBM France
Siège Social : Tour Descartes, 2, avenue Gambetta, La Défense 5, 92400
Courbevoie
RCS Nanterre 552 118 465
Forme Sociale : S.A.S.
Capital Social : 609.751.783,30 ?