Re: [ISSUE-94] Object representation

Michael wrote:

> But builtin predicates cannot appear in the rule heads.

Maybe they should be allowed.  Does pred:isString("foo") causes any more
problems in the head  than 1=1 ?  Or does pred:isString(1) cause more
difficulties than does 0=1 ?

> What you need are constraints like
>
> !- ?o#eg:MyClass AND ?o[eg:att_1 -> ?x] AND Not pred:isString(?x).

Yes, that's what I proposed for PRD (PRD has NOT).

> But we don't have constraints and (more importantly) Not.

Right.  And I'm not proposing NOT for BLD. I am proposing datatype guards in
the head, to function as a "poor man's" datatype integrity constraint, in
the same way that we use equality in the head to function as a poor man's
cardinality constraint.

> (Constraints can be had if we introduce the predicates True and False, so
> it is
> a minor problem.)

What does your notion of Constraint do when it is violated?  Make the
ruleset inconsistent? or something else?

--
Cheers,

Gary Hallmark