[Core] PROPOSED Core resolutions from telecon Monday, September 22

The final PROPOSEDs from the Core Notes
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Sep/0140.html
are extracted here [and extended by the remaining open Core issue].

-- Harold

http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/48

<DaveReynolds> PROPOSED: RIF Core will include member (#) but
syntactically restricted its use in rule bodies. Note that in RIF-RDF
the equivalent property rdf:type would still be permitted in rule heads.

<GaryHallmark> rationale: PRD rules almost always start with "if p is a
person and p.age > 16 and ... then ...

<Harold> > > http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/70

<Harold> PROPOSED: Parameterize the conformance clauses of Core with
safeness requirements "strict" and "none" (default: "none").

<Harold> (modulo nice word for "none")

<Harold> > > http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/71

<AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Core should keep unrestricted equality and
external function and predicate calls in rule bodies and keep external
functions calls in rule heads.

[ISSUE-72  OPEN, see below]

<Harold> > > http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/74

<AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Core should keep both frames/objects and
(positional-argument) predicates/relations.

<Harold> > > http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/75

<AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Core should keep disjunction in rule bodies,
only if this is permitted by the solution to issue-70.

<Harold> > > http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/track/issues/76

<Harold> > > PROPOSED: Core should keep unrestricted equality in rule
bodies (cf.

<Harold> > > ISSUE-71).