[Fwd: Re: [BLD] problem with definition of entailment]

Concerning the issue I mentioned in [1]:

Michael proposed a new definition [2] to overcome the issue.
I observed that the change in the definition implies two substantive
changes in the language.
The first change (a below) is probably not a problem, because
conformance is only defined for entailment of condition formulas, not
general formulas.

The second change (b below) is a bigger one: according to the old
definition (in LC), local constants are not preserved in entailment,
whereas in the new definition [2] they are.

1) So, in LC:

<http://bla>( "a"^^rif:local )
  does not entail
<http://bla>( "a"^^rif:local )

2) In [2]:

<http://bla>( "a"^^rif:local )
  entails
<http://bla>( "a"^^rif:local )

Michael is arguing that (2) is more intuitive and allows for a more
elegant definition of entailment.
I argue that (1) is more intuitive, because local constants should be
local (and can thus not be queried); I do not see a slightly less
elegant definition as a big problem.

Michael, did I describe the issue accurately?

Best, Jos

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Sep/0106.html
[2]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/index.php?title=BLD&oldid=4669#Logical_Entailment