Re: AW: [RIF-APS] Rules Sign

Chris Welty wrote:

> </chair>
> I moved the full BLD PS EBNF into the APS document and made a few
> changes that I prefer for presentation, in particular I changed:
>
> Syntax for named arguments to use '('Name  TERM)')' instead of (Name
> '->' TERM)
> Syntax for frames to use TERM '::' TERM instead of TERM '->' TERM

This is actually a good idea.  It helps to distinguish named arguments
from frames, and will hopefully avoid confusion .

> Syntax for member to use TERM 'TY' TERM instead of TERM '#' TERM
> Syntax for subclass to us TERM 'SC' TERM instaed of TERM '##' TERM
>
> TY is a mnemonic for "type", SC for "subclass"

I'm not convinced about TY, because it's not an abbreviation.  We might
write "type" or use "A" (short for "is a", like in N3, where it's an
abbreviation for rdf:type)

Best, Jos

--
Jos de Bruijn            debruijn@inf.unibz.it