Re: [RIF] test case conclusions

Oh, I see -  the BLD spec does define logical entailment
of a document (as well as other) formula by a document
formula, but for conformance it considers only entailment
of closed condition formulas.

The way the BLD conformance clause is currently written, it
only defines conformance for existentially quantified condition
formulas, so I think it needs to be reworded a little?

Stella

Jos de Bruijn <debruijn@inf.unibz.it>
10/23/2008 04:37 AM

Stella Mitchell/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
cc
public-rif-wg@w3.org
Subject
Re: [RIF] test case conclusions

I'd say that conclusion should *never* be a document formulas, for two
reasons:
- BLD defines conformance only for entailment of condition formulas; not
document formulas
- things should be kept simple, i.e., all test cases should use the same
format, and many condition formulas (e.g., those containing quantifiers
and/or disjunction) cannot be expressed as document formulas

Best, Jos

http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Disjunctive_Information_from_Negative_Guards_1

--
Jos de Bruijn            debruijn@inf.unibz.it