RE: RIF Core shortened

Hi Garry,

I don not think, that your proposal of allowing asserting a new class to
an already existing objects fits the PRD.

Some PR systems have supported this feature, but it is in fact quite
complex because such systems have a strong interpretation of the
instantiation -- much more than asserting the belonging to the new
class. Inheritance is taken into account as well as the management new
attributes, the new types of the existing attributes, the changes in the
domain, and eventually the rules that become applicable to the object
because of its new class and should be triggered.

In some systems, such as constraint-based PRs, changing the class of an
object would trigger an failure, while others would just don't care.

So though it might be seen a limitation -- which indeed it is --
not changing the class of an object is a core feature of PR systems.

What we can expect to see is that such features will happen at some
point in time, and will probably be implemented in conjunction with OWL
or its successors if any.

About the translators, except for the trivial cases, there will be a
need for a DSL to declare the mapping between non trivial constructs of
the dialects.

 Patrick.