Re: [DTB] Datatypes and Built-ins first run to clean up and extend the initial list

Boley, Harold wrote:

>  * Added a new syntax proposal for built-ins, which is very simpe:
>      Why not just add one or two new symbol spaces for built-ins?
>    We anyway cannot really take the XQuery/XPath functions and ops "as
> is"
>    since we have a deviating semantics in some respects, see below and
>    comments in *bold* font in the document.

That would only work if the set of built-ins were fixed.

RIF must be extensible. It should be possible for groups to add new
builtins (and new datatypes) without having to add them to a
rif-specific namespace.

Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England