RE: [BLD] XML syntax for the slots

Christian,

> Why, in an UNITERM, the argument's name is in a sub-element (<Name>),
> whereas the slot key is not?

It's also in a sub-element since TERM is just an abbreviation for
<Const>...</Const> or <Var>...</Var> or <Expr>...</Expr> or
<External>...</External>.

E.g., in this UNITERM we have the <Name> sub-element:

<Expr>
  <slot ordered="yes">
    <Name>&cpt;author</Name>
    <Var>Author</Var>
  </slot>
. . .
</Expr>

and in this Frame we have the <Const> sub-element:

<Frame>
  <slot ordered="yes">
    <Const type="&rif;iri">&cpt;buyer</Const>
    <Var>Buyer</Var>
  </slot>
. . .
</Frame>

In UNITERMs, if we'd never allow a <Name> in filler position,
then slot-child order could be reconstructed from the classes
<Name> vs. non-<Name>. But it would not be a clean thing to do.

In Frames, slot-child order could not be reconstructed anyway,
since there is an arbitrary TERM in both positions.

> A side question is: if we keep it as it is (that is, the argument
names
> in UNITERMs are in <Name> sub-elements, do we still need the content
of
> the UNITERM slots to be ordered? That is, do we still need the
> rif:ordered attribute to be "yes"?

Well, <slot> and <args> also validate if you omit the ordered
attribute -- since these elements ALWAYS have ordered="yes",
the XSD uses a fixed "yes" value for their ordered attribute:
<xs:attribute name="ordered" type="xs:string" fixed="yes"/>

Best,
Harold