Re: [Core] binding patterns

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:43:39 +0100
Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org> wrote:

> The fallback is just to go with strict safety for external predicates
> (that is, each variable in an external pred needs to be bound in a
> non-external body atom) in core...implementers would then be free to
> implement more liberal usage of variables in external preds as wanted. I
> would be fine with that. One example of such a more liberal usage is the
> hex-program safety which was cited in previous mails. However, that one
> needs a distinction between "input" and "output" parameters, i.e.
> binding patterns

The question is: does the assumption of binding patterns affect the semantics
or not?

If it does, then it cannot be accepted. If it does not then it is useless.

If you can prove that the number of answers is finite then that's it.
Systems will have to figure out how to implement this semantics and terminate.

michael