Re: [BLD] My comments on version dated 5/10

There is only ONE way to serialize each particular rule.
However, there are logical equivalences, so quite different rules may mean
the same. There is little we can do about it, because these are the laws of
nature. Forcing the implementers to recognize even a small number of such
equivalences is a HUGE burden for the more expressive languages. However,
this simplifies the task for the less expressive languages (provided they
support just the right kinds of rules!).

So, it is a matter of who bears the burden.  I strongly believe that
requiring normal forms for the rules (through logical equivalences) is
counterproductive.

	--michael