Re: some issues with builtins

Michael Kifer wrote:
> In our preliminary doc on the builtins, the prefix op is frequently used.
> The http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-functions/#namespace-prefixes piece says
> that this prefix does not have a namespace and these predicates are not
> even required to be implemented.
>
> Furthermore, when XQuery uses op:foo or fn:bar it means namespaced symbols,
> while our
> http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/List_of_functions_and_operators
> implies that these are curis.
>
> Something to address.

DAWG addressed at least the latter and checked with the XQuery folks to
confirm that their use of URIs was appropriate. If the details are not
obvious from the DAWG meeting records then I can ask the SPARQL editor
for more info on this (I seem to remember reporting this in an earlier
email).

Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England