Metadata in CORE (was Re: [Admin] Agenda for RIF telecon May 8)

-1 for RDF.  My rules product supports Java data and XML data but not
RDF data.  In fact, we don't have any RDF capability in the "tech stack"
for Oracle Business Rules  (although there are other Oracle products
that do).  Mandating RDF in Core will raise the implementation cost of
RIF translators for existing rule systems that otherwise do not use RDF
to unacceptably high levels.
I very much favor having meta-data.  We should have a small set of
standard properties like ruleset name, rule name,
modification/translation history, etc. and allow additional
(non-standard) properties as well.  This should be specified using the
same abstract syntax notation used in the Core and should end up as both
a human readable syntax and more importantly as part of the Core XML schema.

--

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Gary Hallmark | Architect | +1.503.525.8043