Re: Tentative contribution to the "URI issue"

Michael Kifer wrote:

> [...]
> RIF is an exchange language for rule sets that are not necessarily web-related.
> There are tons of such sets.

I agree with Michael here.

> Second, in a complex KB, you always have internal predicates that shouldn't
> be visible outside. Why should they be given a URI?

I agree even more! One detail of momentous importance that seems to escape
anyone envioning a system where *all* identifiers and constants are URIs
is that these are precisely that - *universal*. In other words, they
defeat the concepts of local scoping, hiding, and modularity - something
desirable for any respectable programming idiom. Namespaces are a poor-man
way of somehow working around this flatness.

My .02 (CDN)$...

-hak
--
Hassan Aït-Kaci