Re: Issue formulation

Michael Kifer wrote:
> I was supposed to send around a formulation for the issue about the
> disjointness of predicates/functions/constants. Here is goes:
>
> Issue: Should the names for predicates, functions, and constants be
> 	distinct in RIF Core? This constraint will be allowed to be removed
> 	in RIF dialects.

Short opinion on that:

Since this is only about names and these can be syntactically
disambiguated in RIF core whether they denote functions or predicates of
particular arity...

  It seems that any system which cannot deal with having the same
pred/funct symbol used in several places could disambiguate

  p(p(p,p),q)

as:

pred2_p(func2_p(func0_p,func0_p),func0_q)

by simple preprocessing in its RIF wrapper. For RIF Core this should not
be a problem, or no? If this is true, I am in favor of not imposing this
restriction in core.

just my two cents,

axel

--