Re: rdf-related built-ins (and a few others)

Sandro Hawke wrote:

>>** Output
>>
>>Gary has suggested [3] that a minimal feature to enable test cases to be
>>written in RIF would be the ability to output a data value (the output
>>then being used to indicated success of the test case). Thus we would need:
>>
>>     rif:print
>>
>>[3] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Arch/Test_Cases
>>

>I wouldn't expect this to be in Core.  I'd expect it to be in an
>extension which the test cases use.

So if I implement Core and no extensions, you cannot test my
translator.  If you require me to implement both Core and the testing
extension so that you can test my translator, you might as well just
call the whole thing Core.

>>** Lists
>>
>>There will need to be builtins associated with the List datatype once
>>that is settled.
>>

>Yeah.   I come back to wondering whether core should really just have an
>opaque list datatype, not supporting unification, because it's probably
>a lot easier to implement in some styles of rule engine.    (ponder, ponder.)

This would be easier for me, +1

--

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Gary Hallmark | Architect | +1.503.525.8043