Re: [TED] ACTION-306: suggestions for abstract syntax

Gary Hallmark wrote:
> I like the ability to have ground facts not wrapped in a forall.
> I don't like the ability to have free variables (not scoped in a forall)

This is specifically excluded in the deifinition I propose.

> Is the intent of an ATOMIC formula with variables to be a query?
>
>  From the spec: an ATOMICformula, for representing facts, that is,
> Implies where the then-part is always true and is omitted, by convention;

You are ablsolutely right. Sorry, this is a typo. It should read:
"Implies where the *if*-part is always true". I corrected it [1].

Christian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Core/Horn_Rules_Alternative