Re: [F2F] Demos at F2F5: volunteer until Thursday 8 February

Dear all,
The REWERSE Rule Markup <http://www.rewerse.net/I1> WG can present a
number of translators
<http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/rewerse-i1/?q=translators>demos
at the F2F. We use a language called R2ML
<http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/rewerse-i1/?q=R2ML>which is
designed to be an extension of the actual RIF Core proposal
<http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Core>. The main extension points
are Atom and TERM:

    * names (like Con) are referred by URI's
    * distinction between /data literals/ and /objects /(extension from
      TERM)
    * /properties /(extension from Atom)
    * a special kind of functions called /operations /(extension from TERM)

The translators assume that the rule vocabularies /can be interchanged/
or rules /share /the same vocabularies. This MOF/UML class diagram
<http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/R2ML/R2ML-Core.png>  of the
metamodel illustrate this extension.
However, none of us can participate in the F2F then a *podcast *will be
available too.  The translators are now operational and everybody can
play with them. People which are not familiar (or are not so happy) with
the XML syntax  may try one of or examples
<http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/rewerse-i1/?q=node/17>(by
copy/paste the XML source) . Others may  try  authoring a R2ML rule base
by using the R2ML ver04. schema
<http://oxygen.informatik.tu-cottbus.de/R2ML/0.4/R2ML.xsd>. Actually we
develop a web service for interchange and, hopefully, till the F2F will
be available in a beta version. The WS  is a JEE5 solution (EJB3) and we
will provide basic PHP/JSP clients too.
It is a matter of study if this extension is minimal with respect with
rule languages we interchange. All feedback is extremely appreciate.

Looking for your comments,
-Adrian