Re: [Admin] Agenda for RIF telecon December 4

Resend: I replied to just Christian by mistake.]

Christian de Sainte Marie wrote:

 > AGENDA Teleconference
 > W3C Rules Interchange Format (RIF) Working Group
 >
 > North America in the winter time:
 > 1600 UTC, 0800 (West US) 1100 (East US) 1600 (London) 1700 (Paris)
 >
 > Duration: *90 min*
 >
 > *Agenda summary*
 > 1. Admin (10 mn)
 >   PROPOSED: accept minutes of telecon November 27 [1]
 >  * Reply to BLD WD1 public comments
 > 2. Liaison (5 mn)
 > 3. F2F9 [4] (5 mn)
 > 5. BLD (75 mn)
 >  * Issue 42 (rif:text) [5] [6] [7]
 >   PROPOSED: Resolve issue 42 (rif:text) according to option 1 in Jos's
 > analysis [6], that is, by keeping rif:text and changing nothing in it
 > definition

That proposal does not resolve the issue. The issue is that in the XML
serialization we will (I presume) use xml:lang not a "@lang"
concatenation; so to resolve the issue in the style of [6]a will also
require text as part of the XML syntax explaining how that syntax maps
into the formal specification. I would prefer to see that text before
agreeing to this resolution.

Hewlett-Packard Limited
Registered No: 690597 England