Re: IRI text, addendum

> >>Some of which I also mentioned in the review sugggestion... if you have
> >>more, please let me know.
> >

> > If I had time I would have done that. This is true not only of the SPARQL
> > document, by the way. Many W3C documents have this tendency of saying simple
> > things in a convoluted way (XML Schema, WSDL, to name a few).

> >>I wouldn't thought have considered that one as problematic, though.
> >>It might be said simpler though, as you suggest...
> >
> > Not problematic? Really? If Dave and Jeremy didn't explain previously that
> > this simply means textual equality, it would have taken me 30 mins or more
> > to understand just this one paragraph.
>
> :-) As I said, I agree it could all be said simpler, probably.

> >>... but well, the only normalization I see here is resolution of
> >>relative IRIs, right? As you mentioned above, you don't seem to disagree
> >>that we can proceed the same way:

> >>I don't see how/why the preprocessing in RFC3986, sec 5.2 would
> >>contradict this or why it wouldn't be a valid candidate?
> >

> > I have no idea what are you talking about.
>
> The "nomalization stuff" suggested in SPARQL is the preprocessing by the
> algorithm in RFC3986, sec 5.2, ie. the preprocessing of relative IRIs.
> You were mentioning that we will have to decide "if we introduce syntax
> for relative URIs and define the exact macro processing for them" which
> is defined exactly there. So, I was asking you why this is not good enough?

This has to do with a previous discussion several weeks ago where it was
agreed that relative URIs will not be part of the logic, but simply treated
as syntactic sugar, a macro. This has nothing to do with the rest of the
discussion about the RFCs etc. I simply said that this stuff hasn't been
defined yet in the document and mentioning it at this point makes no sense.

	--michael