Re: exchanging OWL through RIF

Uli Sattler wrote:

> in my understanding, for OWL, we will need (as for any other "formalism"
> we might want to consider) a translator that takes some OWL and maps
> it into RIF. It is, however, not the job of RIF to provide this
> translator.

Hear! Hear!

However, it is our job (per the charter) to discuss the mapping and
identify what can be mapped from OWL to RIF and what cannot: <<This
document [the REC on using le RIF in combination with OWL] must clearly
state which features of OWL can be mapped to (or otherwise interoperate
with) Phase 1 rules and which cannot, and software using this mapping
must be demonstrated during interoperability testing. The document may
also discuss rule language extensions to cover the excluded OWL features.>>