RE: [SWC] RIF & OWL compatibility

Enrico and Jos,

yes, the issue of existential information is interesting
(and also in the field of databases there is no consensus
about null values being a good idea or not), but is it
really an urgent issue for RIF?

Some form of null values (or "blank nodes" or skolem
constants/terms) may be useful, but probably not needed
in phase 1. Do you know of any non-experimental (if not
commercial) rule system that supports existential
information?

The differences between a constructive LP-style
interpretation of the existential quantifier and
the non-consructive classical logic and DL-style
interpretation seem to be even less relevant for
RIF than the issue itself.

-Gerd

Gerd Wagner
Brandenburg University of Technology