Re: Pure Prolog action item completed

Assuming that this is indeed stated in the ISO standard (like you, I don't
have it), this doesn't affect my arguments:

1. There are multiple definitions of this term, and the one in the standard
   is not easily found on the Web. Instead, other definitions are more
   easily found. Therefore, it is better to avoid this term.

The above was part of my original argument. Here is another one:

2. The ISO definition differs from the definition of Horn clauses only in
   that the order of clauses/predicates is said to be important.  The order
   is important in many other contexts - for instance, when updates are
   allowed in the rule body (e.g., transaction logic, reactive rules).

   Therefore, instead of muddying the waters with controversial
   definitions, we would be better off adopting general rules for
   specifying sublanguages that are of interest to us.
   For instance, if we use semantic/syntactic taxonomies, which I was
   talking about at F2F2 and in
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Apr/0021.html
   then "order" could be one of the taxonomic features and "ISO-defined
   Pure Prolog" would simply fall under both Horn and Ordered.

	--michael