Re: RIF Implementation Report

Dear all,

I'm happy to announce the release of RIF4J 0.3.1 and IRIS 0.8.1.

RIF4J (http://rif4j.sourceforge.net/) is a Java object model, parser (XML)
and serializer (presentation, XML) for RIF-BLD. It provides a translation
from RIF-BLD formulas to Datalog rules compatible with the Datalog system
IRIS. The Datalog rules can be processed by IRIS in order to carry out
RIF-BLD reasoning tasks (logical entailment). RIF4J combined with IRIS
supports all datatypes and built-ins defined in RIF-DTB and provides
preliminary support for RIF's list terms and reasoning with combinations of
RIF rules and RDF graphs under the Simple Entailment semantics. The system
has been tested against the RIF-BLD test cases from the repository and
passed a majority of them (more information will be provided in the near
future). Translation from Datalog rules to RIF-BLD formulas is not yet
implemented, therefore, the system can only be considered as a *consumer* at
the moment.

Rule System: IRIS (http://www.iris-reasoner.org/)
Organization Contact: Adrian Marte (adrian.marte@sti2.at), STI Innsbruck (
http://www.sti-innsbruck.at/)
RIF dialect: BLD+DTB
Consumer, Producer Function: Consumer
Impl. language & license: Java, Apache License 2.0
Time frame: Available

Best regards,
Adrian